Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Oracle DBA with RDBMS experience Extensively
at FIS Global
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing
Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
• Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time and form of desired results.
• Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
• Influences business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
• Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc.
What you bring:
Knowledge / Experience
• Very good understanding of Capital Markets
• Strong Understanding of at least one financial asset class and its valuation, trade lifecycle, market and/or credit risk management.
• Have good analytical skills and have eye for detail
• Willingness to go extra mile to understand the functional requirements
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels, using a range of communication styles, skills, and processes
• Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to work with multiple teams
• Approachable personality and willing to guide and explain
• Systematic way of thinking
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Database Administrator, the member will work in a global team to create, monitor, upgrade, and support all facets database operations for FIS Merchant applications. DBA will interact with customers, both internal and external, on a regular basis. DBA’s will also be involved in root cause analysis procedures and documentation and will work with Development teams across ClearCommerce, MPS and Valutec. We are looking for technically minded candidates who can handle novel situations and issues while communicating/coordinating with customers and other teams. The DBA’s will be expected to manage their own time and communicate effectively with their manager as well as other team members.
The ideal candidate should have a solid technical/IT background with hands-on knowledge of RDBMS platforms and relational database architecture, have an aptitude for troubleshooting/analyzing problems and the ability to work with customers to solve their issues. This is a challenging and rewarding role that constantly presents new opportunities for learning a variety of technologies and products.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Install, test, and update multiple versions of RDBMS software including Oracle and SQL Server in both single-instance and high availability methodologies
Understand, monitor, and administer database security and perform the role of gatekeeper
Perform optimization and performance tuning
Configure, maintain, and monitor disaster recovery environments for hosted database platforms
Contribute to the refinement of standards and best practices for database operations in a private hosted cloud setting
Periodically provide on-call weekend support across both Saturday and Sunday
Learning new platforms and technologies as they are introduced into our environments
Exposure to SQL Server 2008-2014 and Oracle 11g-12c
Effective analytical thinking and problem solving skills
Nominal written and verbal communication skills
Desire to work in a team-based environment
Normal Business Hour responsibilities, with the possibility of rotating off hours on-call support duties
Familiarity with Oracle Enterprise Manager and SQL Server Management Studio
General understanding of disaster recovery strategies including log shipping and standby databases
General knowledge of computer network systems, filesystems, and client/server application architecture.
Experience on Valutec, MPS and ClearCommerce application support
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Experience in project management methodologies is desired including ability to estimate, plan, manage and communicate activities/deliverables of a mid-size project plan, i.e., a plan that affects a single system or product family and uses multiple resources
• Working knowledge of at least one database management system or a proven ability to learn new technologies and use that knowledge effectively
• Effective communication and team skills with an ability to cooperate, present to and participate with peers/team members
• Basic knowledge of operating systems and systems administration concepts
• Personal commitment to stay current with latest technology concepts
• Good problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Identifies and resolves less clearly defined problems using established procedures and/or protocols as guidelines.
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Career level professional role requiring moderate skills with a high level of proficiency.
Demonstrated competency of the Database Administrator I role is required.
Works independently with only administrative supervision, displaying independent judgment with the ability to overcome moderate obstacles and recognize early
when issues should be escalated or a senior peer needs to be consulted. Consults senior peers on projects with the goal of continually building knowledge/experience while minimizing any risk to projects. Provides communication on issues or complex information to a wider audience after consultation with management or senior peers.
Contributes to the development, documentation and implementation of database standards or guidelines.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
What we offer you
• A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
• A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
• A competitive salary and benefits
• A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here and here
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in the financial services sector, FIS serves more than 14,000 institutions in over 110 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 39,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing and banking solutions, providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that drives financial institutions.
Join us as we redefine secure financial technology on a global level. We’re proud to be a Fortune 500 company and the world leader in the global financial technology industry. Greatness doesn’t just happen. It takes innovation, investment and a commitment to being the best at what you do. That’s why, at FIS™, we offer more than jobs with benefits. We offer the opportunity to realize your potential, push your limits and make real contributions to the financial technology industry and the world. If you share our spirit of excellence and achievement, you’re the type of person we want working beside us. We’re an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and terrific benefits in energetic work environments.
Talent, if you have it, we want it. Join the FIS Global Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?