Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
OMNI DC Tech/Cobol
at FIS Global
- Should have development experience in COBOL.
- Leads elicitation efforts requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, on-site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task, workflow analysis or other tools applicable to the situation
- Leads the analysis of information provided by a large number of sources. Decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding of requirements, assess the current capabilities of the enterprise and identify gaps which prevent it from meeting business needs, Identify where change is required to achieve objectives, and document gaps and solution opportunities.
- Specify detailed requirements according to standard templates, using natural language. Write business requirements that are clear, concise, accurate and at the appropriate level of detail to ensure understanding by the business stakeholder team. Document and maintain requirements by performing requirements analysis and verification.
- Perform needs analysis activities, such as data-gathering, documentation, validation, and presentation
- Ability to determine and document gap analysis under the direction of the Project Manager. Assess the current capabilities of the enterprise and identify gaps which prevent it from meeting business needs. Identify where change is required to achieve objectives, and Document gaps and solution opportunities.
- Guides team members in defining and documenting use cases and test conditions
- Document and maintain functional and non-functional requirements. Document and maintain transitional requirements when applicable, capture and describe the capabilities, both behavior and operational, the chosen solution must manage and perform within the functional requirements documentation.
- Holds team members accountable and enforces project deadlines and consistently applies project standards
- Prioritizes multiple tasks effectively for themselves and other Business Analysts, and understands the components of running a fiscally successful project
- Responds appropriately and quickly to client requests, and escalates issues clearly and immediately
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS’ more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients’ business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here and here
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in the financial services sector, FIS serves more than 14,000 institutions in over 110 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 39,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing and banking solutions, providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that drives financial institutions.
Join us as we redefine secure financial technology on a global level. We’re proud to be a Fortune 500 company and the world leader in the global financial technology industry. Greatness doesn’t just happen. It takes innovation, investment and a commitment to being the best at what you do. That’s why, at FIS™, we offer more than jobs with benefits. We offer the opportunity to realize your potential, push your limits and make real contributions to the financial technology industry and the world. If you share our spirit of excellence and achievement, you’re the type of person we want working beside us. We’re an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and terrific benefits in energetic work environments.
Talent, if you have it, we want it. Join the FIS Global Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?