Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network Analyst Senior
at FIS Global
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs device configurations, internal operating system upgrades and software upgrades and deploys network devices including routers, switches, load balancers and firewalls.
• Follows documented network services processes and procedures – identifies gaps in processes or documentation and suggests improvements.
• Monitors, responds and provides resolution for all network problem and incident tickets.
• Utilizing case management system (CMS), documents status updates and problem resolutions.
• Performs customer service duties and responds to customer requests as defined by management.
• Responds to customer requests as defined by management completing assignments in a timely manner with an acceptable level of quality.
• Troubleshoots network problems and recommends corrective procedures; assists with troubleshooting circuit equipment and all other network issues.
• Prepares activity reports as requested by management.
• Identifies opportunities to improve workflow and creates supporting documentation for review by peers and management.
• Maintains network services documentation related to work area.
• Completes network change requests in accordance with service level agreements.
• Maintains network lab and equipment inventory.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
• Knowledge of network technologies, i.e., routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, network and routing protocols, DNS
• Knowledge of basic IT technologies, i.e., operating systems, network devices, software development and architecture
• Requires knowledge of basic office tools
• Ability to understand and apply technical concepts
• Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Flexibility, versatility, dependability
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Advanced professional role requiring extensive skill and proficiency – answers and responds to complex network related questions and inquiries via telephone and electronic messaging systems utilizing established procedures. Works independently with only administrative supervision on highly complex projects with extensive latitude for independent judgment. Expected to mentor others on staff and is a role model for rest of team. Effectively communicates with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel. Ability to provide communication on issues or complex information to a wide audience based on knowledge. Participates in strategic planning and direction. Develops, documents and implements standards, guidelines, direction and education on process/procedures for staff. Assigned to highly visible, sensitive and critical systems. Requires an extensive knowledge of TCP/IP networks including layer two and layer three switching, network based server load balancing, routing protocols, and LAN/WAN technologies. Typically requires seven to ten years of experience performing hands on network services infrastructure engineering, diagnosing and correcting network problems and network equipment installation and configuration.
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here and here
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in the financial services sector, FIS serves more than 14,000 institutions in over 110 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 39,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing and banking solutions, providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that drives financial institutions.
Join us as we redefine secure financial technology on a global level. We’re proud to be a Fortune 500 company and the world leader in the global financial technology industry. Greatness doesn’t just happen. It takes innovation, investment and a commitment to being the best at what you do. That’s why, at FIS™, we offer more than jobs with benefits. We offer the opportunity to realize your potential, push your limits and make real contributions to the financial technology industry and the world. If you share our spirit of excellence and achievement, you’re the type of person we want working beside us. We’re an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and terrific benefits in energetic work environments.
Talent, if you have it, we want it. Join the FIS Global Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?