Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Linux Application Support– Pune –2 to 4 years-JR74642
at FIS Global
Linux Application Support– Pune –2 to 4 years
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
This role is a part of our Remote Infrastructure Management Team. Develop core versions of software applications for sale to external clients. Identifies client purchasing requirements and technical specifications through Product Management and/or client representatives. Interacts with engineering groups to assist in design changes to equipment and/or software. Trains and communicates with clients on systems application.
What you will be doing
• Drives issue resolution by making critical decisions that may impact multiple clients’ processing.
• Proactively investigates known and unknown error conditions and follows prescribed error correction procedures when they apply.
• Performs monitoring and operational management functions for associated hardware and software within 24x7 processing environment.
• Maintains peak performance at full capacity for all systems.
• Follows new/improved work procedures where appropriate, tests and implements program and/or systems changes, responds to processing problems and exercises sound judgment to make client impacting processing adjustments.
• Recognizes abnormal processing conditions and makes appropriate response decisions.
• Follows escalation procedures when appropriate to resolve errors in a timely manner.
• Makes use of available documentation to resolve errors and identifies/implements documentation gaps.
• Recognizes and implements/automates process enhancements.
• Monitors and responds accordingly to an array of system and application generated messages.
• Responds in a timely manner to questions and requests from incoming calls and incident tickets.
• Proactively maintains contact with clients and serves as client advocate to internal organizations.
• Analyzes problems/trends with client systems and applications and takes steps to avoid recurrence.
• Works on internal and external projects of various sizes, complexity.
• Contributes to existing and develops new solution approaches to the IT environment.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
• Demonstrated knowledge of FIS products and services, financial services industry and mainframe and/or open systems operating systems
• Knowledge of clients objectives/business priorities and FIS role in achieving
• Ability to effectively use production control tools and resources encompassing mainframe, open system processing, processor link/Connex software, ATM’s, environments
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Ability to multi-task, deal with predefined deadlines
• Flexibility, versatility, dependability, positive outlook, strong work ethic
• Resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
• Ability to analyze all system processing delays, failures and errors to determine the appropriate action necessary for resolution
• Ability to use troubleshooting applications and tools for first and second level issues
• Ability to use and reference system related documentation
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience in Unix,Linux
- Knowledge of FIS’ products and services
- Knowledge of the business goals, objectives and business operations for the appropriate FIS organization
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of basic financial analysis principles and ratios
What we offer you
- An exciting opportunity be a part of World’s Leading FinTech Product MNC
- To be a part of vibrant team and to build up a career in Remote infrastructure Management.
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits including GHMI/ Hospitalization coverage for employee and direct dependents
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A broad range of professional education and personal development opportunities
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- Valuable internal opportunities to showcase your talent on Fine Arts/Sports/Fitness etc
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here and here
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in the financial services sector, FIS serves more than 14,000 institutions in over 110 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 39,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing and banking solutions, providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that drives financial institutions.
Join us as we redefine secure financial technology on a global level. We’re proud to be a Fortune 500 company and the world leader in the global financial technology industry. Greatness doesn’t just happen. It takes innovation, investment and a commitment to being the best at what you do. That’s why, at FIS™, we offer more than jobs with benefits. We offer the opportunity to realize your potential, push your limits and make real contributions to the financial technology industry and the world. If you share our spirit of excellence and achievement, you’re the type of person we want working beside us. We’re an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and terrific benefits in energetic work environments.
Talent, if you have it, we want it. Join the FIS Global Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?