Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Java Software Engineer
at FIS Global
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
E-Banking on FIS’s Open Payment Framework (OPF) offers banks a suite of comprehensive and secure financial and banking services through multiple communication channels in an “all-in-one” software solution.
You will be part of the Research and Development team and work in close collaboration with the source product.
You will be involved in researching, prototyping and productizing new & innovative financial technology solutions.
This work can result into the creation of new products or improvements to existing products. You will be exposed to both traditional JEE and new reactive micro services-based systems.
What you will be doing
- You will Interact with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- You will Participate in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
- You’ll be writing technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Writing code, complete programming and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming languages and technologies.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
What you bring:
- You possess bachelor’s degree or higher
- You have at least 5 years’ experience in end2end Software engineering/ Development
- You are Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- You have at least 4 years of experience in Java Enterprise edition: Servlet API, Java Transactions API, Java Database Connectivity API, Java Message Service API
- You have knowledge of Reactive distributed concurrent programming such as Java and AKKA, Stateful micro services design using actors, Event sourcing and CQRS, eventual consistency
- Relational database: Oracle
- Designing Restful API’s using jersey and Swagger
- Software testing best practices using Mockito, cucumber, etc.
- Message queuing: WebSphere MQ, ActiveMQ, …
- Application servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, ..
- Build tools: Maven, Gradle, Docker containers and Linux
- You have relevant experience in Performance & memory profiling
Added bonus if you have:
- Familiarity with banking and payments through professional experience or personal interest
- Nice to have knowledge and experience in Splunk/Elasticsearch/Graylog, NoSQL databases: Cassandra, Mongod, BPMN 2.0, OSGI, Vaadin, PaaS: Cloud Foundry
- Container orchestration: Mesosphere, Docker compose, marathon, swarm and Kubernetes, IaaS: Azure, ec2, blockchain, oWasp, security, oath2
What we offer you
Competitive salary with excellent benefits
The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here and here
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in the financial services sector, FIS serves more than 14,000 institutions in over 110 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 39,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing and banking solutions, providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that drives financial institutions.
Join us as we redefine secure financial technology on a global level. We’re proud to be a Fortune 500 company and the world leader in the global financial technology industry. Greatness doesn’t just happen. It takes innovation, investment and a commitment to being the best at what you do. That’s why, at FIS™, we offer more than jobs with benefits. We offer the opportunity to realize your potential, push your limits and make real contributions to the financial technology industry and the world. If you share our spirit of excellence and achievement, you’re the type of person we want working beside us. We’re an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and terrific benefits in energetic work environments.
Talent, if you have it, we want it. Join the FIS Global Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?