Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Architect (Java with Akka or Scala) - 8 years to 18 years - Noida(JR75095)
at FIS Global
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
This role is a part of our POM Project – Development Team. Technical Architect is decision maker for all technical aspects concerning architecture, design and technology choices for a solution based on FIS Clear2Pay’s product roadmap/vision. This individual defines architecture and development best practices that govern the implementation of FIS Clear2Pay’s products. Technical Architect provides direction to development teams on using right set of tools and technologies. This role’s success depends on your abilities to maximize reuse of FIS Clear2Pay products to build stable and high performing solution that meets customer’s expectations. This individual may own the implementation of FIS Clear2Pay’s products into our customer’s production environments. This involves extensive collaboration with the customer’s technical resources and other FIS Clear2Pay resources to create the solution that best meets the customer’s needs by factoring in not only technical requirements, but business requirements, cost, and time-to-market concerns. You act as a role model, coach and mentor for Associate Architects. You are continuously developing your expertise in other products and propose the application of new technologies in our project deliveries.
You will be involved in researching, prototyping and productizing new & innovative financial technology solutions. This work can result into the creation of new products or improvements to existing products. You will be exposed to both traditional JEE and new reactive micro services-based systems.
What you will be doing
- Take part in the agile project organization using scrum
- Be versatile and willing to work cross-functionally
- Help to clarify requirements
- Make technical designs
- Implement these designs
- Liaise with functional analysts and/or architects to understand the needs.
- Be an expert on FIS Clear2Pay products and frameworks to maximize their reuse and ensure successful implementation of the product. Create and maintain catalogues of reusable components and services.
- Defines architecture principles, best practices and guidelines regarding FIS Clear2Pay’s usage of products and frameworks.
- Hands on code development for customizations, extensions and interfaces to software where required; assist in code review;
- Work with Performance team to determine optimal application configuration for better performances;
- Provide architectural input to the FIS Clear2Pay product group to help improve our products.
What you bring:
- Familiarity with banking and payments through professional experience or personal interest is preferred
- Social and mobile banking apps are part of your daily life
- Reactive distributed concurrent programming
- Using java and AKKA(Mandatory)
- design using actors
- Event Stateful micro services sourcing, CQRS, eventual consistency
- Relational database: Oracle
- Designing Restful API’s using jersey and Swagger
- Software testing best practices using Mockito, cucumber, etc.
- Message queuing: Websphere MQ, ActiveMQ,
- Application servers: Websphere, Weblogic, Jboss,
- Build tools: maven, gradle
- Docker containers
- Performance & memory profiling
- Successfully architected and designed enterprise software applications or products
- Demonstrated experience as application development lead or architect having responsibilities of decision making on architecture and design choices.
- Ability to mentor, train and coach Associate Architects and Technical Leads.
- Participation in multiple project lifecycles from inception to transition;
- In-depth knowledge of designing and developing applications having Micro services
- Strong knowledge of enterprise architecture and design patterns.
- Interfacing with external systems through messaging mechanisms such as JMS or Web Services
- Ability to estimate software requirement using Story Points estimation
- Developing transaction-based systems primarily focused in the financial services industry
- 12+ experience in J2EE application development, including 3 years as Architect or Associate Architect.
Added bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of FIS’ products and services
- Knowledge of the business goals, objectives and business operations for the appropriate FIS organization
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of basic financial analysis principles and ratios
What we offer you:
- An exciting opportunity be a part of World’s Leading FinTech Product MNC
- To be a part of vibrant team and to build up a career on core banking/payments domain.
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits including GHMI/ Hospitalization coverage for employee and direct dependents
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A broad range of professional education and personal development opportunities
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- Valuable internal opportunities to showcase your talent on Fine Arts/Sports/Fitness etc.
- Working for the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies.
- Joining a team of talented technology experts working on banking and payment solutions
- Chance to work on state-of-the-art innovative financial technology solutions
- Working in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here and here
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in the financial services sector, FIS serves more than 14,000 institutions in over 110 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 39,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing and banking solutions, providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that drives financial institutions.
Join us as we redefine secure financial technology on a global level. We’re proud to be a Fortune 500 company and the world leader in the global financial technology industry. Greatness doesn’t just happen. It takes innovation, investment and a commitment to being the best at what you do. That’s why, at FIS™, we offer more than jobs with benefits. We offer the opportunity to realize your potential, push your limits and make real contributions to the financial technology industry and the world. If you share our spirit of excellence and achievement, you’re the type of person we want working beside us. We’re an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and terrific benefits in energetic work environments.
Talent, if you have it, we want it. Join the FIS Global Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?