Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at FIS Global
This role will involve some elements of third line support to both our customers and in-house staff. The successful candidate will gain experience of a wide variety of up-to-date technologies whilst working to structured deployment processes at some of the world’s leading data centre facilities and large blue-chip organisations. This is a technical position where applicants must show initiative, and be able to problem-solve in an unsupervised environment.
- Provides thought-leadership to fellow team members and the client across business and technical project dimensions solving complex business requirements.
- This includes scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing, UAT and production deployment.
- Building diagrams, project plans, presenting their design in meetings, creating build of materials.
- Ensures delivered solutions meet/perform to technical and functional requirements.
- Building relationships with hardware vendors
- Provides technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation.
- Ability to identify problems and addressing them permanently.
- Ensures delivered solutions are realized in time frame committed. Works in conjunction with upper management to size, manage scope and risk.
- Master SME that acts as a resource to the organization; pro-actively responds to ad-hoc questions from all different IT units.
- Provides specialized knowledge within IT industry domain and frameworks.
- Extensive experience with Dell and HP Hardware – Server, Networking and Storage
- Extensive experience with Data Centre design and DR/HA design
- Extensive VMWare vSphere, SRM, vCenter and Orchestrator
- Experience with Citrix Virtual Apps and ADC (Formerly Netscaler)
- Experience with SAN storage (3PAR & Nimble) and Brocade switches including zoning
- Experience in multiple Operation Systems; Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux, Fabric OS, VMware Linux Kernel
- Strong analytical troubleshooting skills, Powershell or any other scripting languages
- Strong understanding of SSL, Ciphers, SSO, IdP and SAML
- Exposure to AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Exposure to Packer, Terraform, Chef or Octopus Deploy
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills, paying strong attention to detail.
- Professional and responsible attitude with the ability to work without supervision.
- Proven experience working within SLA’s and an ITIL v3 framework.
VMWare, SAN, Data-Centre, Disaster Recovery, Citrix ADC, Brocade, High Availability, Hyper-converged, ITIL v3 framework qualification, or failing that an explicit reference to change control on their CV
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here and here
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in the financial services sector, FIS serves more than 14,000 institutions in over 110 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 39,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing and banking solutions, providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that drives financial institutions.
Join us as we redefine secure financial technology on a global level. We’re proud to be a Fortune 500 company and the world leader in the global financial technology industry. Greatness doesn’t just happen. It takes innovation, investment and a commitment to being the best at what you do. That’s why, at FIS™, we offer more than jobs with benefits. We offer the opportunity to realize your potential, push your limits and make real contributions to the financial technology industry and the world. If you share our spirit of excellence and achievement, you’re the type of person we want working beside us. We’re an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and terrific benefits in energetic work environments.
Talent, if you have it, we want it. Join the FIS Global Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?