Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at FIS Global
Infrastructure Engineer: Linux, VMWare, Server, Containers
We have built a world-class reputation as one of the major financial technology firms providing solutions across multiple functions in the Capital Markets space. Our Hosted products business is the back-bone to our technology framework in assuring all our core products service the needs of our clients on a daily basis without any down-time.
We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join our fast-growing infrastructure management team. The ideal candidate will have strong overall infrastructure experience, with extensive Linux, VMWare and virtualisation skills. The core purpose of this role is to support and build the Linux environment supporting our Payments Services business, which helps financial institutions make faster payment.
This role will involve some elements of third line application support to both our clients and in-house staff. The successful candidate will gain experience of a wide variety of up-to-date technologies whilst working to structured deployment processes at some of the world’s leading data centre facilities and large blue-chip organisations. This is a technical position where applicants must show initiative, and be able to problem-solve in an unsupervised environment.
• Provide Linux RedHat support for the Payment Services platform.
• Manage and maintain RedHat implementations, expand platforms as necessary and refine processes for better environment performance.
• Planning out configuration ready for installation.
• Testing configured solutions.
• Proactive Maintenance of the Payments systems.
• Proven experience performing systems engineering and administration with large scale systems.
• Extensive Linux, VMWare and virtualisation skills, preferably RedHat certified
• Experience with RedHat 6.x and 7.x.
• Experience with Linux container technology.
• Experience with SAN storage (3PAR, Equallogic).
• Experience with Linux Active Directory integration.
• Strong analytical troubleshooting skills.
• Strong understanding of SSL, Internet (SMTP, DHCP, DNS) and other networking protocols.
• Experience with deploying, troubleshooting, and supporting multi-tier applications.
• Excellent communication and follow-up skills, paying strong attention to detail.
• Professional and responsible attitude with the ability to work without supervision.
• Proven experience working within SLA’s and an ITIL v3 framework.
• Experience with RedHat 7.4 kernel with SAN storage connectivity.
• Experience with RedHat clustering.
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here and here
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in the financial services sector, FIS serves more than 14,000 institutions in over 110 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 39,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing and banking solutions, providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that drives financial institutions.
Join us as we redefine secure financial technology on a global level. We’re proud to be a Fortune 500 company and the world leader in the global financial technology industry. Greatness doesn’t just happen. It takes innovation, investment and a commitment to being the best at what you do. That’s why, at FIS™, we offer more than jobs with benefits. We offer the opportunity to realize your potential, push your limits and make real contributions to the financial technology industry and the world. If you share our spirit of excellence and achievement, you’re the type of person we want working beside us. We’re an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and terrific benefits in energetic work environments.
Talent, if you have it, we want it. Join the FIS Global Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?