Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Incident Management Analyst (Fresh Graduates)
at FIS Global
We have an exciting role for an Incident Management Analyst in our Philippines office. This role reports to the Service Delivery Manager. This person will provide 24x7 support and management of incidents throughout incident lifecycle within a production environment and ensure service level agreements are met in support of clients’ and company’s mission-critical business requirements.
This role is open to Philippine citizens or permanent residents.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages computing environment to protect production systems critical to business success.
- Acts as focal point for incident review and escalation if necessary.
- Supports a computer operations environment that meets all service level agreements, e.g., 24x7 availability, response time parameters, etc. and availability targets.
- Works across a wide array of product lines and engages various levels of management on a day to day basis.
- Is familiar with the ITIL framework, as the Incident Management process is a key input into the established Change and Problem processes.
- Develops, coordinates and promotes incident management activities across enterprise and takes responsibility for effective functioning of Incident Management processes across all support areas.
- Engagement following onset of a production incident.
- Provides immediate tactical response and coordination minimizing duration of service interruptions.
- Responsible for daily operations of information technology (IT) and business processing functions.
- Manages and directs technical and functional specialists and computer operations staff in restoration of service during an incident.
- Partners with IT management to establish strategies and priorities for overall IT operations understanding current and future business demands.
- Acts as liaison between inter or intra-datacenter teams for high severity incidents.
- Assists in managing and developing tactical plans for Operations.
- Provides work assignments for team members.
- In conjunction with the problem management function, identifies and implements cost-saving and continuous improvement initiatives within the information processing area.
- Develops and maintains departmental standards and procedures.
- Consults with other teams on proper integration and correlation of the incident management process and their respective areas.
- Maintains awareness of emerging technologies, trends and best practices in computing hardware, software and operational processes.
- Provides regular incident bulletins to teams concerning open or ongoing incidents.
- Ensures effective and rapid response to major incidents.
- Reviews and recommends, as appropriate, changes to support processes to ensure continuous improvement of the incident management process.
- Facilitates daily, weekly and monthly tactical meetings as well as creates incident reports as determined by the business.
- Works with external clients and other internal teams on an as needed basis.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Information Technology or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience may be limited or no experience but has demonstrated leadership, analytical, and decision-making skills, along with academic excellence.
- Considerable knowledge of incident management principles, procedures and techniques.
- Considerable knowledge of standards and best practices relevant to the information technology industry, e.g., ITIL.
- Knowledge of issue resolution and escalation practices, FIS products and services and IT infrastructure.
- Ability to apply analysis and creative thinking when solving problems and conflict.
- Ability to provide acute attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels within the organization.
- Decision making ability within specified parameters as well as independent and collaborative decision-making skills.
- Skilled at identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain relationships across the organization.
- Strong capabilities in public speaking.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Solid business acumen and an awareness of business implications of decisions.
- Demonstrated skill in timely, proactive, responsive follow-through on deliverables.
- Ability to organize tasks and priorities effectively and under minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to function in an environment requiring flexibility, good judgment and sound decision-making often based on limited information and/or under extreme conditions.
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS’ more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients’ business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here and here
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in the financial services sector, FIS serves more than 14,000 institutions in over 110 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 39,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing and banking solutions, providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that drives financial institutions.
Join us as we redefine secure financial technology on a global level. We’re proud to be a Fortune 500 company and the world leader in the global financial technology industry. Greatness doesn’t just happen. It takes innovation, investment and a commitment to being the best at what you do. That’s why, at FIS™, we offer more than jobs with benefits. We offer the opportunity to realize your potential, push your limits and make real contributions to the financial technology industry and the world. If you share our spirit of excellence and achievement, you’re the type of person we want working beside us. We’re an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and terrific benefits in energetic work environments.
Talent, if you have it, we want it. Join the FIS Global Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?