Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Technical Support Specialist
at FIS Global
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Technical Support team is a global team based in multiple regions. We have a range of people from different backgrounds and areas of expertise who all work together seamlessly to provide first class 24-hour technical support to our multinational customers. We are constantly working to improve our internal operations, our technical expertise and our customer service. Each person on the team is challenged daily to ensure they take ownership of their tasks and are seeing them to completion. As part of the team, you will need to be able to handle any challenge you are given, work with multiple different teams and coordinate people with different expertise towards a common goal.
What you will be doing
Technical Support Specialists are an integral part of the Platform Services team. We are looking for fresh technically minded candidates who can handle novel situations and issues while communicating/coordinating with customers and other teams.
As an Associate Technical Support Specialist, you will be:
- Receiving and analyzing technical issues from FIS hosted and non-hosted clients.
- Finding and applying solutions to client issues.
- Install application patches/configuration changes.
- Working with internal functional and technical teams towards a common solution.
- Periodically providing on-call or weekend shift support across holidays or both Saturday and Sunday.
What you bring:
- 0-2 years' experience in Windows server environments, database systems (ideally Oracle or SQL) and internet technologies.
- Knows how to read and write batch coding or HTML.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- Willingness to learn a wide range of products and technologies.
- Enthusiasm to hone troubleshooting/analyzing problems while working with customers to solve their issues.
- Prior experience of managing or working on projects.
- Customer-oriented mindset and the ability to prioritise multiple different tasks at a time.
- Calm under pressure and able to adjust daily tasks based on changing priorities.
What we offer you
- A competitive salary and benefits.
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance.
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities.
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team.
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology.
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here and here
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in the financial services sector, FIS serves more than 14,000 institutions in over 110 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 39,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing and banking solutions, providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that drives financial institutions.
Join us as we redefine secure financial technology on a global level. We’re proud to be a Fortune 500 company and the world leader in the global financial technology industry. Greatness doesn’t just happen. It takes innovation, investment and a commitment to being the best at what you do. That’s why, at FIS™, we offer more than jobs with benefits. We offer the opportunity to realize your potential, push your limits and make real contributions to the financial technology industry and the world. If you share our spirit of excellence and achievement, you’re the type of person we want working beside us. We’re an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and terrific benefits in energetic work environments.
Talent, if you have it, we want it. Join the FIS Global Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?