FirstFed Financial Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Relationship Specialist- Customer Service
at FirstFed Financial Corp.
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Job Family
- Operations - Customer Service
Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a leading national bank empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. We believe in helping customers turn their ideas into outcomes. Whether those customers are building a business or building their savings, CIT has the experience and agility to empower them to achieve their goals. At CIT, how we do business is just as important as what we do. Our social responsibility programs focus on driving financial and personal empowerment, supporting the environment and advancing wellness. CIT contributes to communities where we live, work and do business through charitable donations, community investments and employee volunteerism.
The Relationship Specialist position will work in our Call Center supporting the Equipment Finance Operations function. The successful candidate will be responsible to perform a full range of Customer Service activities including account relationship management. The Relationship Specialist is also responsible for finding solutions and providing outstanding customer experience to our partners/vendors and customers.
- Communicates with external and internal customers through various channels (phone, email and letters) maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude at all times.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Including the ability to ask probing questions to understand concerns and overcome objections.
- Responds promptly and accurately to customer inquiries and process a variety of customer requests within different levels of complexity. Including account reconciliation, account updates, document requests, invoices, buyout quotes, web portal troubleshooting, etc.
- Performs day-to-day activities that ensure effective account management and demonstrates ability to successfully collect on delinquent accounts.
- Establishes strong working relationships with Vendors, Sales, Originations, Operations and Finance departments to find best solutions and anticipate customer needs.
- Follows proper Complaint Process when assisting customers with escalated concerns to resolve account or service issues. Focusing on determining the root cause; selecting and explaining the best solution; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure timely resolution and to provide the best customer experience.
- Follows established policies, procedures and guidelines to protect both our clients and the CIT Bank.
- Meets Quality Assurance Requirements and other key performance metrics.
- BS/BA degree preferred
- 1-3 years customer service, customer support or inside sales.
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment.
- Ability to quickly learn, multi-task and to meet expectations in a customer-centric and results-driven environment.
- Careful attention to details and excellent time management skills.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills- Advanced Excel knowledge preferable.
- Intellectually curious about our business, our clients and focused on finding the best solutions.
- Excellent negotiation and analytical skills - Sales or Customer Service experience preferred
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member.
- Comfortable with handling high call volume and forming strong and lasting relationships with clients over the phone.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule/overtime, as needed.
- Ability to take constructive feedback and implement training concepts into your ongoing development.