FirstFed Financial Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP, Data Support
at FirstFed Financial Corp.
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Job Family
- Information Technology - IT Development
Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a leading national bank empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. We believe in helping customers turn their ideas into outcomes. Whether those customers are building a business or building their savings, CIT has the experience and agility to empower them to achieve their goals. At CIT, how we do business is just as important as what we do. Our social responsibility programs focus on driving financial and personal empowerment, supporting the environment and advancing wellness. CIT contributes to communities where we live, work and do business through charitable donations, community investments and employee volunteerism.
This individual works within the team of IT operations at CIT, that owns and performs all support activities to large set of applications.
- Ensure daily and monthly operational processes run successfully
- Monitor applications level controls and reconciliations. Participate in Audits to demonstrate data movements are meeting the defined rules and standards
- Resolve incidents for issues arise in production processes with relevant urgency
- Escalate incidents and assign appropriate Priority levels
- Communicate with data consumers on potential SLA impacts due to production failures
- Track and complete Problem tickets from incidents. Work with Incident and Problem management teams
- Perform root cause analysis (RCA) of the issues
- Proactively identify operational inefficiencies and provide solutions. Work with data consumer teams and development team to design solutions to increase operational efficiencies
- Identifies creative, technology-based opportunities to improve service levels and reduce costs with solution teams and data consumers
- The individual participates in Disaster Recovery, ACLC activities. Represents applications under the organization to complete required tasks
- Will demonstrate the understanding of concepts of ITIL/ITSM best practices on IT operations
- Works on BAU activities that require working on development tasks. This requires working with development team at some capacity to manage the work load within the organization
- Works on periodic infrastructure and technology upgrades of the tools in use
- Adheres to CIT architecture, design methodologies and best practices in support and development
- 7+ years of experience in Data Management and Business Intelligence with a minimum of 5 years in supporting IT operations-technology in space of Data Virtualization, ETL and analytics
- 5+ years of Denodo experience in Data Virtualization
- 3+ years or relevant technology development and IT operations experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, issue resolution skills, with ability to understand inter-dependencies of multiple information systems
- Working experience in the area of Business Intelligence and analytics, with special focus on supporting data movement, Data Hubs, Data Marts, Data Warehouse and data virtualization environments
- Knowledge of Loan, Lease and Banking systems
- Strong problem solving skill with the ability to analyze and break down a problem to identify root cause
Denodo 6 or later, SQL (MS SQL Server 2014 or later), SSIS, Python
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, related engineering discipline, or other related field