Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SENIOR CAM/CNC PROGRAMMING ENGINEER
at ExacTech, inc.
Duties and Responsibilities (Key Deliverables):
- Create and maintain multi-axis CNC programs to produce parts using CAD/CAM software.
- Develop CNC machining processes by selecting the chucking device, fixture method(s), cutting tools, tool arrangement, and cutting speeds and feeds with emphasis on standardization.
- Witness the CNC program prove-out on the machine tool and correct the programs as required.
- Prepare detailed work instructions and supervise machining process verifications including operator training.
- Communicate effectively with Manufacturing Engineering, Product Development Engineering, plant personnel, and individuals outside the company.
- Maintain the master CNC program directory, through proper file management techniques, to insure the integrity of CNC programs and proper revision history control.
- Implement and report cost improvements.
- Coordinates and assigns programming tasks to other programmers as needed.
- Assist in the design of jigs, tools, fixtures, and special equipment for CNC applications.
- Ensure compliance with current CNC programming standards and best practices.
- Assist in the selection of new equipment.
- Create and maintain machining files for all parts produced following standardized methods.
- Develop CNC programs for prototypes as required by approved engineering projects.
- Troubleshoot machining processes and make CNC program adjustments when necessary following proper root cause analysis techniques and change control principles.
- Provide input in the development of project schedules.
- Know and apply the Quality System regulations and any appropriate Federal and International standards.
- Assist and support other employees, teams, and sales personnel as necessary.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent relevant work experience required.
· Five to seven years’ experience creating machining processes from engineering designs preferably in the medical device or aerospace industry
· Strong experience in CNC machining and programming is required, preferably utilizing Mazak, Makino or Nakamura-Tome multi-axis CNC mill/turn and milling machines. Knowledge of Siemens NX (Unigraphics) and CGTech Vericut software a plus
· FDA Quality Systems Regulations experience is a plus experience with exotic metals i.e. titanium, cobalt chrome, stainless steel; Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Improve and optimize machining processes by reviewing material removal rates for optimum tool life and increased efficiency.
· Thorough understanding of geometric tolerancing (GD&T)
· Ability to create CNC programs utilizing ISO (EIA) G code. Knowledge of high-level machine control programming (e.g. Fanuc Custom Macro B) and on-machine probing a plus.
· Ability to design tooling for the manufacture of components from a print or model.
· Familiar with Good Manufacturing Practices and Lean Manufacturing.
· Effective team player.