Earth Fare, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Earth Fare, Inc.
Position Summary: The Meat Cutter is responsible for upholding Earth Fare’s Vision, Mission, Declaration and Customer Service Creed, while adhering to the departments Standard Operating Procedures. They cut and trim meat to size for display or as ordered by the customer, using hand-tools and powered equipment such as grinders, cubing machine and power saws. The Meat Cutter delivers exceptional customer service while being a valuable asset of product knowledge within the department.
- Cut and trim meat to size for display or as ordered by customer using hand-tools and power equipment such as grinders, cubing machine and power saw. (25%)
- Clean and cut fish and poultry. Shape, lace and tie meat cuts by hand, suing bonding knife, skewer and twine to form roasts. Place meats in containers to be wrapped, place meat on trays to be displayed for customer selection. (25%)
- Deliver exceptional customer service at the Meat and Seafood counters. (20%)
- Merchandise cuts of meat to maximize customer appeal and department profit. (10%)
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times to include proper sanitation/cleaning of all equipment and cases along with proper handling and storage of products. (10%)
- Receiving product and loading into refrigerator. (5%)
- Other duties as assigned by department management. (5%)
Total Percentage Equals 100%
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service to customers and Team Members at all times.
- Extensive knowledge of meat cuts and cooking techniques with an understanding of cutting meat into sub-primal categories. Skilled in cutting whole chicken into standard parts; and advanced cuts for other meats.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team setting.
- Must be organized and pay close attention to detail.
- Must be able to multi-task and assist customers while completing necessary duties within the department.
- Must be able to read and follow both written and verbal instruction from the Meat and Seafood Manager and other store management.
- Must demonstrate manual dexterity with potentially hazardous equipment (knives, miscellaneous utensils, etc.)
- Ability to learn and use a Falcon hand-held computer scanner and food scale.
- Demonstrated ability in knife handling, other cutting equipment and safety procedures.
- Knowledge of living conditions of animals and ability to educate the public on these issues.
- Ability to explain various cooking techniques.
- Earth Fare experience preferred.
- 1 – 3 years meat cutting experience preferred.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through levels of education and experience, however, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience, which provide an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, is acceptable.
- Works in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer service.
- Will stand and be on ones feet during scheduled work shift.
- May work in environments of extreme cold and extreme heat.
- May be exposed to odors, fumes, smoke and loud noise associated with working in a kitchen environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. (In the event an item weighs over 50 pounds the Team Member should have another member of the team help lift the item).
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel and squat.
- Must be able to push, pull, and maneuver heavy loads.
- Must be able to stand and be on one’s feet the majority of the work day.
ADA: Earth Fare will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO: Earth Fare does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.