Earth Fare, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Earth Fare, Inc.
Responsible for upholding Earth Fare’s Vision, Mission, Declaration and Customer Service Creed, and adhering to the departments Standard Operating Procedures. Works independently and in a team to ensure the daily baking of muffins, cookies, Danishes and croissants for the dry case and sales floor is completed based upon production guidelines. Will open and close the Bakery Department and is responsible for providing exceptional customer service at all times.
- Adheres to the Earth Fare vision, standard operating procedures and merchandising guidelines, with a strong emphasis on customer service, safety and sanitation. Maintains a positive and professional work environment. (20%)
- Production: Sets and maintains baked goods case and sales floor to include product, signage, and rotation for freshness; provide customer service at bakery counter, to include case, bread shelf and floor maintenance. (40%)
- Operational Tasks: Provides excellent customer service at the bakery counter and other areas as needed. Turns ovens and other equipment on and off as required. Scoops batter for muffins, cookies and breakfast items to prepare for the following days production. Packages dry case items to move baked good to sales floor. Wraps pastry trays to ensure proper freshness and storage. Slices bread for customers as needed. Participates in scheduled inventory counts, attends required department and store meetings, and performs miscellaneous job related duties as assigned by the Bakery Manager. (20%)
- Merchandising: Maintains an attractive sales floor by implementing Earth Fare merchandising guidelines as outlined by the Bakery Manager. (10%)
- Department Conditions: Maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and overall organization of the department including all fixtures, storage, work stations, freezers, and coolers. (10%)
Total Percentage Equals 100%
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise:
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service to customers and Team Members at all times.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team setting.
- Must be organized and pay close attention to detail.
- Must be able to multi-task and assist customers while completing necessary production duties within the bakery.
- Must be able to read and follow both written and verbal instruction from the Bakery Manager and other store management.
- Must demonstrate manual dexterity with potentially hazardous equipment (mixers, slicers, ovens, etc.).
- Previous experience baking or cooking in a restaurant, bakery or catering environment
- Experience working in a retail and/or customer service oriented environment
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through levels of education and experience, however, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience, which provide an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, is acceptable.
- Works in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer
- May work in environments of extreme cold and extreme
- May be exposed to odors, fumes, smoke and loud noise associated with working in a kitchen
- Must be able to lift up to 50 (In the event an item weighs over 50 pounds the Team Member should have another member of the team help lift the item).
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel and
- Must be able to push, pull, and maneuver heavy
- Must be able to stand and be on one’s feet the majority of the work
ADA: Earth Fare will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO: Earth Fare does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.