Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Survey Instrument Operator
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Location
- Relocation Assistance
- Service Line
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century
Dewberry is currently seeking a Land Survey Instrument Operator to join our Jacksonville, FL area office crew. Applicant must be motivated and detail oriented. The Survey Instrument Operator will join a collaborative and cohesive team as a key member of our crew. This person will work on exciting and riveting projects as they assist in the performance of boundary, ALTA, topographic, right-of way acquisition, transmission line, and construction surveys utilizing the latest equipment and surveying technology. The Instrument Operator will help supervise the crew or work independently if necessary. This position allows the opportunity for advancement for a responsible individual willing to grow with the changing skills and technology.
- Assist the field supervisor with all aspects of the daily crew workload
- Work in a safe manner and obey all safety regulations
- Supervise the survey crew in the absence of the crew chief
- Work independently as a one person crew as required
- Daily uploading and downloading of data collectors
- Operate survey total stations, data collectors and levels
- Continually advance knowledge with upgrades in technology
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Minimum of three years of survey experience required
- Must have a High School Diploma (Minimum)
- Must have strong Mathematical skills, computer, and data collector skills
- Must be proficient with or willing to learn Topcon and survey equipment. (GPS, Robotics, Total Stations, Levels, and Data Collectors)
- Must be a good communicator with all levels of crew and dependable
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and pass a driving record check
- Able to pass a drug test
- Physically able to work outdoors
- Ability to repetitively stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift 50 lbs; includes body weight, equipment, tools and boxes, in addition to ability to stand for long periods of time on varied surfaces
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Must be willing and able to travel for out of town assignments and most of Florida, the state's parks, wetlands, beaches and more!
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.