C&S Wholesale Grocers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at C&S Wholesale Grocers
- Requisition ID
- C&S Wholesale Services, Inc.
- Warehouse Operations
C&S Wholesale Services is one of many companies within the C&S Family of Companies, the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. At C&S, We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition for Employment with C&S Wholesale Services, Inc. C&S Wholesale Services, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
As a Receiver, you will ensure that the correct merchandise is received by the facility free of damage, infestation, and in correct quantities.
- Work with Receiving Clerks to verify contents and quantities of incoming shipments
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming shipment
- Record shipment data into computer system, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and record-keeping purposes
- Verify absence of rodent/pest activity in all inbound shipments and document any record of activity
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to complete Receiving Certification
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good math and reading skills
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to use pallet jack or forklift
Constant- walking, standing, seeing, pushing, pulling, lifting, and carrying items weighing 20 lbs or less
Frequent- bending, twisting, feeling, reaching, hearing, pushing, pulling, lifting, and carrying items weighing between 20 and 60lbs and over
Occasional- carrying and pulling objects over 60 lbs.
Description of Work Environment
Temperature of Grocery warehouses can range from 50° to 80° Fahrenheit, a Perishable warehouse can range from 28° to 60° Fahrenheit, and a Freezer warehouse can range from -20° to -10° Fahrenheit.