City of Jacksonville (FL)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Business Systems Analyst - Information Technologies
at City of Jacksonville (FL)
Job Reference #: 2407682
Overall Job Objective
- Job Description
- The Senior Business Systems Analyst (SBSA) reports to the Business Analysis and QA Manager and is responsible for analyzing, assessing and documenting the system requirements for technology based business solutions. The SBSA is able to work independently on more complex projects, processes, and system functions and offer guidance to the Business Systems Analyst and Project Analyst as required. The SBSA is also responsible for analyzing moderately to highly complex business needs of their clients and stakeholders to clarify business problems and propose solutions.
- Examples of Work
- Analyzes moderately to highly complex business requests and defines action plan for business analysis deliverables such as requirements definition and Use Case development; including business requirements documentation (BRD), functional requirements documentation (FRD), system specifications and other relevant documentation.
- Develops Project Request packages for presentation to the Information Technology Executive Committee and prepares formal presentation materials for communication with senior executive leadership.
- Plans and conducts Joint Application Requirements (JAR) and Joint Application Design (JAD) Sessions for moderately or highly complex business requests.
- Documents, reviews and revises meeting minutes and action items from critical project meetings, such as JAR and JAD sessions and assigns action items to team members.
- Leads Business System Analyst and Project Analyst in the preparation of project artifacts such as Requirements Documents, Activity Diagrams, and Uses Cases.
- Leads development of Requests for Information and Requests for Proposal and documentation of the evaluation outcome.
- Conducts review and approval of requirements, use cases, and specifications with the project stakeholders and business.
- Develops Request for Information and Request for Proposal for individual and enterprise-wide solutions
- Conducts business process modeling and facilities development of process flows and diagrams via whiteboard sessions and role play.
- Develops cost/benefit analysis and return on investment worksheets with the Project Manager.
- Performs Gap Analysis researching and analyzing vendor solutions and comparing and contrasting products against client requirements.
- Utilizes Unified Modeling Language (UML) within specifications including use case, and activity diagrams.
- Assists in the test process by testing against requirements and updating documentation to reflect changes due to test findings.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the City of Jacksonville core competencies.
- Performs related work as required and related to SDLM.
- Open Requirements/Supplemental Information
- An eight (8) year combination of education and/or experience in the field of Computer Science or related field.
- At least four (4) years of Business Systems Analysis experience.
- A valid state Driver's License is required prior to application and must be maintained.
- Must qualify prior to application, obtain and maintain during employment a City of Jacksonville Public Driver Certification.
ONLINE APPLICATION REQUIRED. Apply at www.coj.net/jobs. NEOGOV works best with Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer version 11 or higher browsers. Please try to apply using one of these browsers. You may have to cut and paste the link into the browser's search area. Be sure to add coj.net to your address book to ensure you receive email notifications. You may also check your application status at any time by logging into your account.
If claiming veteran's preference, you must attach a DD-214 (Member Form-4 copy) or military discharge papers, or equivalent certification from the Department of Veterans Affairs listing military status, dates of service and character of discharge. You must also attach the Veterans Preference Certification Form and if applicable, the additional forms as noted here: http://www.coj.net/departments/employee-services/veterans-preference
If a candidate believes he or she was not afforded veteran's preference, he or she may file an email complaint or written complaint, within 60 calendar days upon receipt of notification of the hiring decision, requesting an investigation to:
Florida Department of Veterans Affairs
Veterans Preference Coordinator
11351 Ulmerton Road, Suite 311
Largo, FL 33778-1630