City of Jacksonville (FL)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Seasonal - Outdoor Activity Coordinator
at City of Jacksonville (FL)
- Job Description
This is seasonal paraprofessional work in developing and implementing outdoor recreation programs at community centers, parks, and playgrounds for our Rec 'n Roll Summer Program. The work will require the knowledge of techniques, methods, and procedures used in recreational activities.
Mandatory Training: June 5, 2019
Program dates: June 10 - August 2, 2019
Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Examples of Work
- Develops and implements diverse outdoor recreational programs for youth, teens, adults and families which may include leading exercise programs and participating in athletic activities.
- Explains and enforces safety procedures and rules.
- Administers emergency first aid, if necessary.
- Identifies supplies needed for administrative tasks and scheduled programs.
- Maintains inventory of on-site supplies as well as usability and safety of on-site equipment.
- Performs basic administrative tasks including maintaining programming records, and completing reports.
- Open Requirements/Supplemental Information
- A three year combination of education and/or experience in recreation, leisure services, physical education or a related field or in providing services to school-age children.
- At least one year of experience or education directly related to the recreation or education field.
ONLINE APPLICATION REQUIRED. Apply at www.coj.net. If basing your qualifications on education, a copy of your college transcript is required with your application. College transcripts for colleges outside the US must be converted to US standards.
The application system works best with Google Chrome web browser. Please try to apply using this browser. Be sure to add coj.net to your safe senders list to ensure you receive email notifications. You may check your application status any time by logging into your account.
If claiming veteran's preference, you must attach a DD-214 (Member Form-4 copy) or military discharge papers, or equivalent certification from the Department of Veterans Affairs listing military status, dates of service and character of discharge. You must also attach the Veterans Preference Certification Form and if applicable, the additional forms as noted here: http://www.coj.net/departments/employee-services/veterans-preference
If a candidate believes he or she was not afforded veteran's preference, he or she may file a written complaint, within 60 calendar days upon receipt of notification of the hiring decision, requesting an investigation to:
Florida Department of Veterans Affairs
Attention: Veterans' Preference Coordinator
11351 Ulmerton Road, Suite 311
Largo, FL 33778-1630