City of Jacksonville (FL)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part-time Literacy Program Specialist - GED (Public Library)
at City of Jacksonville (FL)
- Job Description
The Jacksonville Public Library is seeking a part-time Literacy Program Specialist reporting to the Center for Adult Learning.
- Examples of Work
This is professional work in planning, developing, implementing, and maintaining literacy assistance programs. The work requires knowledge of educational and instructional principles, practices, methods and techniques, needs assessment and computer-assisted instructional programs and software.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Plans, develops, implements, and maintains literacy assistance programs.
- Evaluates and recommends instructional materials, computer-assisted instructional programs, computer hardware and software, and configuration of computer lab and equipment.
- Supports the overall mission of the Library by providing customer service in a manner that creates a positive customer experience.
- Assists in the recruitment and retention of learners Assist in the development and delivery of GED-level coursework.
- Facilitates small group and computer-assisted instruction.
- Maintains documentation of outputs and outcomes Performs related work as required.
- Assists with maintaining appearance standards by reporting facilities issues and picking up litter on library grounds.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the City of Jacksonville's competencies.
- Performs related work as required.
- Open Requirements/Supplemental Information
This is a part-time position working up to 25 hours per week.
- Four years of education and/or professional level experience teaching persons 18 years of age or older and
- At least one year instructing high school level math.
A FULLY COMPLETED ONLINE APPLICATION REQUIRED. Apply at www.coj.net. If basing your qualifications on education, a copy of your college transcript is required with your application. College transcripts for colleges outside the US must be converted to US standards.
The application system works best with Google Chrome web browser. Please try to apply using this browser. Be sure to add coj.net to your safe senders list to ensure you receive email notifications. You may check your application status any time by logging into your account.
If claiming veteran's preference, you must attach a DD-214 (Member Form-4 copy) or military discharge papers, or equivalent certification from the Department of Veterans Affairs listing military status, dates of service and character of discharge. You must also attach the Veterans Preference Certification Form and if applicable, the additional forms as noted here: http://www.coj.net/departments/employee-services/veterans-preference
If a candidate believes he or she was not afforded veteran's preference, he or she may file a written complaint, within 60 calendar days upon receipt of notification of the hiring decision, requesting an investigation to:
Florida Department of Veterans Affairs
Attention: Veterans' Preference Coordinator
11351 Ulmerton Road, Suite 311
Largo, FL 33778-1630