City of Jacksonville (FL)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Apprentice Program
at City of Jacksonville (FL)
Overall Job Objective
- Job Description
- JFRD's Apprentice Program will prepare the Applicant for the next steps required to become a state-certified Emergency Medical Technician/Firefighter. This will be accomplished through courses offered at Florida State College at Jacksonville's Fire Academy of the South. 100% Tuition assistance will be provided to eligible candidates to cover the cost of these college level courses.
- Open Requirements/Supplemental Information
- You must attend a JFRD Fire Apprentice Open House in order for your application to be considered
- Must be 17-21 years old
- Parent/guardian (if under 18) must provide signed consent
- Must reside in one of these target zip codes: 32202, 32205, 32206, 32208, 32209, 32210, 32211, 32218, 32244, 32254
- Must be high school graduate or equivalent
- Must pass a health examination and Pre-Physical Agility Test (Pre-PAT)
- Must pass a background screening
- Must pass a drug screening
- Must submit immunization records
- Must submit a good driving record
- Must meet GPA requirements
- Must successfully complete an Oral Interview
- Must provide a written essay at Oral Interview
Apply at www.coj.net. Be sure to add coj.net to your address book to ensure you receive email notifications. You may also check your application status at any time by logging into your account.
NEOGOV works best with Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer versions 9 and above browsers. Please try to apply using one of these browsers. You may have to cut and paste the link into the browser's search area.