City Of Gainesville, FL
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City Of Gainesville, FL
- Job Ad
The City of Gainesville is seeking a dynamic and experienced individual who is innovative and forward thinking that will embrace the organization's citizen-centered vision. The community, its elected leaders, and executive leadership team have embraced this vision.
The City of Gainesville currently has an opening for a qualified Storekeeper 1 to join our team to perform stock room work in a small departmental stock room or assisting in operation of a central stock room or warehouse.
A typical work day may include: [Hiring Manager Input]
- Ensuring surplus items are properly received, documented and warehoused.
- Maintaining surplus inventory in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Disassemble and/or repair some surplus items or equipment.
- Operate forklifts, trucks and other equipment to handle and store surplus items.
- Performing various physical tasks outdoors under varying climate conditions.
- Interpersonal communication with customers
- Putting together online auction posts to sell surplus items
- Extensive product research for online auction
- Graduation from high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma, and one (1) year experience in stock or related work, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Florida Driver's License required.
- May Require Assessment(s).
- May fill multiple positions.
- May establish an eligibility list.
Embracing change is the Gainesville way of life.
Come join our team as we shift the culture from "No to Yes", "from reactive to proactive," "from policy-oriented to services-oriented", and "from silos to teams".
- Job Description
EXAMPLES OF WORK** ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS Reviews and initiates purchase orders and ensures items are properly received, delivered, and receipted prior to recommending payment. Receives, stores, and issues tools, materials, parts, and supplies in a storeroom or warehouse. Keeps storage areas clean. Maintains perpetual inventory in compliance with policies and procedures. Makes repairs to and assembles parts, equipment, and tools as needed. Records vehicles used and fuel and lubricants consumed. Operates forklift, trucks, and other equipment to handle and store materials. Attends work on a continual and regular basis. NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS May perform work of Storekeeper II as required for training and during absences. May be required to transport, mix, handle or use hazardous materials (other than cans of gasoline, batteries, pumping fuel or access to normal janitorial cleaning materials) or may be responsible for facilities or equipment carrying current, fluids or gas that could endanger the public or other employees. Will be required to respond under emergency conditions. Performs other related duties as assigned.