Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Parent & Community Outreach Coordinator
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Community Partnership Schools
- Regular Full-Time
- Pay rate
- USD $30,076.80/Yr.
Do you have what it takes to reshape the future for children?
Do you believe in empowering children and families to realize their full potential?
Are you ready for a meaningful career that impact lives for generations?
Then Children's Home Society of Florida is for you!
As a Parent & Community Outreach Coordinator for Edward H. White Academy of Leadership, part of Community Partnership School Programs, you will increase parent and community involvement and communication in schools by working with the school’s administration and utilizing community resources to create a supportive environment for the students to excel in their education.
WHY JOIN CHS?
- Uplifting mission-driven work culture
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Great benefits package, including generous paid time off and holidays
- Opportunity to make a positive difference in children and families within your own community!
- Design and implement an overall outreach plan to engage families to participate in activities and services on campus and in the community.
- Plan, coordinate and execute activities and logistics and support community activities in conjunction with Community School and school leadership in support of the goals set forth in the outreach plan; Identify, engage and support community action groups and centers of influence in the community.
- Support the senior management’s efforts to effectively engage the parents and community stakeholders which align with the goals set by school leadership.
- Execute local marketing activities, awareness campaigns and events; Provide information, advice, content and recommendations for community engagement activities to senior management and school leadership to advance visibility and Community School outcomes; Develop and cultivate community outreach through presentations for new and existing engagement opportunities.
- Participate in maintaining accurate and complete parent and community member participation and engagement data.
- Build nurturing relationships with Community School leadership and staff.
- Develop and maintain a warm and inviting Parent Resource Center to foster relationships between parents, school personnel, and students; Liaison with school administrative personnel to align system goals, program objects and community services; serve as creative partner for the Community School Program Team
- Deliver programs and/or activities which concentrate on parent participation for the purpose of promoting a successful school experience for students and providing networking opportunities for parents.
- Coordinate educational opportunities for the purposes of promoting student achievement, student attendance, and home-school partnerships.
- Develop relationships with parents to engage them in areas of the school where they can influence the success of students and staff.
- Assist in overcoming language barriers at gatherings, home and social visits, and at school activities; Make home visits and/or phone calls to identify parent needs. '
- Create targeted programming to engage parents and students new to the school and provide specific strategies to involve them in student success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or a Human Services related field
- Minimum of three years of combined experience in at least two of the following specialties: education, human services and/or community outreach
- Demonstrated progressive responsibility increases in area of specialization
- Presently or formerly a public school parent
- Valid Florida driver’s license within 30 days of hire
- Supervisory experience
- Experience serving as an advocate for children and/or parents and with building community relationships
- Experience convening workshops and working with families on educational or community issues
As the leading, most reputable organization in Florida serving children and families, Children's Home Society of Florida delivers innovative solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families. When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there - we been delivering the right solutions at the right time since 1902. With our innovative practices and commitment to excellence, we are the only organization with the size, scope and depth of services that can reshape the future for children. With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of services and solutions to children and families in Florida.