Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Early Head Start Home Visitor
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Early Childhood
- Regular Full-Time
- Pay rate
- USD $14.78/Hr.
Do you have what it takes to reshape the future for children?
Do you believe in empowering children and families to realize their full potential?
Are you ready for a meaningful career that impact lives for generations?
Then Children's Home Society of Florida is for you!
We’re seeking an experienced Early Head Start Home Visitor to support our growing needs for Early Head Start services. You’ll provide in home education, support, and encouragement for program participants with the goal of helping children meet key milestones so they are ready for school. This is an excellent opportunity for a focused and dedicated social services professional who has a passion for child development and thrives in a fast-paced, never-the-same work environment.
WHY JOIN CHS?
- Uplifting mission-driven work culture
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Great benefits package, including generous paid time off and holidays
- Opportunity to make a positive difference in children and families within your own community!
- Conduct weekly home visits of at least 90 minute duration to Early Head Start children and their families.
- Deliver child development curriculum during home visits and in family group activities.
- Facilitate family group activities and socialization experiences.
- Provide education and support services to families.
- Conduct screening and developmental assessment of participant children.
- Work with families to develop appropriate goals as part of family partnership agreements.
- Encourage parental involvement in curriculum planning, program governance and other aspects of the Early Head Start Programs.
- Monitor and evaluate children’s health status, medical appointments and nutrition.
- Provide information and referral as needed.
- Advocate on behalf of program participants.
- Document program activities and progress.
- May transport clients.
- Use Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, to perform essential functions.
- Perform data entry into applicable databases.
- Working knowledge of the Early Head Start field
- Strong organizational skills and a tireless focus on quality results
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work well with diverse teams, clients and families
- Resiliency, with a propensity to persevere in spite of constant change
- A sincere passion for helping others in need
- Bachelor's degree in Child Development, Education, or Social Sciences
- Home Visitor Child Development Associate Credential or Infant/Toddler Child Development Associate Credential or higher education with 6.0 credit hours in ECE or child development required
- Two years experience working with young children and families in a human services setting
- Florida Driver’s License within 30 days from hire
As the leading, most reputable organization in Florida serving children and families, Children's Home Society of Florida delivers innovative solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families. When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there - we been delivering the right solutions at the right time since 1902. With our innovative practices and commitment to excellence, we are the only organization with the size, scope and depth of services that can reshape the future for children. With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of services and solutions to children and families in Florida.