Chesapeake Utilities Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Business Planning Analyst
at Chesapeake Utilities Corporation
SR Business Planning Analyst (Full-Time)
Business Line - Florida Public Utilities Corporation
Location - Fernandina Beach, Florida
Florida Public Utilities wants to be a Company of choice for people looking for a great place to work. We believe our team members are our greatest asset. We strive to provide a work environment that offers great benefits and personal growth opportunities. Being part of Chesapeake Utilities Corporation provides our team members the advantage of working for a New York Stock Exchange-listed Company with a ‘small company’ atmosphere. If you have a strong work ethic, enjoy being challenged and subscribe to accountability, honesty and integrity with a passion for providing exemplary customer service, you will find a career with FPU rewarding. Come join our team as a Sr Business Planning Analyst!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Capable of performing all duties of a Business Planning Analyst
- Provides leadership, training, and support to Business Planning Analysts on more difficult and complex assignments.
- Assists management with merger and acquisition proforma and analysis
- Prepares and reviews monthly Business Unit Update package for accuracy and consistency
- Supports the development of strategic plan, budgets, performance indicators, and target benchmarks.
- Works with operations, management, accounting, and Business Planning Analysts to develop and maintain a 24 month forecast/budget
- Travels and visits statewide locations to gain first hand understanding of business life cycle and provides analytical data to Business Unit Leaders
- Prepares consolidated summary financial presentations for senior mangement's review
- Responsible for communication with managers, Directors, and Senior Staff members
- Leads special projects as assigned by Manager, Financial Planning Analysis
- Provides liaison services between Accounting and the Operating Units
- Advises Business Operating Units on Accounting policies and procedures
No Direct Reports
Internal: This position works with all levels of the Company. The incumbent acts under the guidance of the Manager, Business Planning and works closely with Florida Business Unit Personnel, Accounting and Regulator Affairs.
External: This position may work with outside vendors such as FPSC Auditors and Staff, Company External Auditors, Industry Financial Personnel.
Four year degree in a related business field is required
Five to ten years of business planning, utility analysis and/or financial analysis experience is required and supervise/leadership experience is desired.
- Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise manner, both written and verbal
- Knowledge in the Microsoft Office Suite of software: PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Epicor suite of software
- Knowledge of Utilities International Financial software
- Knowledge of Microsoft FRx suite of software
- Knowledge of Business Objects and related software
- Knowledge of company tariffs
- Must have a high level of initiative and be self-directed
- Must demonstrate leadership ability
- Must be able to prioritize multiple requests simultaneously
- Must seek efficiencies in all areas to create overall process improvement
- Must be able to respond creatively to unique situations
- Must be able to travel to receive training in relevant fields
- Frequent travel is required (50%)). Must be willing to travel within the state of Florida and Delaware as necessary
- Must have a valid Florida Driver's License