Chesapeake Utilities Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chesapeake Utilities Corporation
Career Opportunity with Florida Public Utilities
Position: Electrical Engineer
Location: Fernandina Beach, FL or Marianna, FL
Responsible for exhibiting Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Mission, Vision and Values, regarding external customers, agencies, vendors, internal departments and co-workers. This position is required to independently engineer company electric substation, transmission, distribution construction and major maintenance projects within prescribed timelines. Evaluate options, select appropriate materials, apply sound engineering techniques, utilize best practices, follow procedures and policies, and exhibit good judgment in developing project scope and designs for a safe and reliable electric system.
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
- Meet with customers, architects, engineers, and contractors to determine service requirements, develop a project scope and timeline, and prepare field notes for major maintenance, new construction designs, facility relocation, and facility upgrade projects.
- Prepare initial engineering design, preliminary estimates and Improvement/Retirement Requisitions for service additions, line extensions, and facility upgrades.
- Calculate contribution-in-aid of-construction (CIAC) and deliver to the customer along with related service applications, agreements, contracts, easement documents, and drawings.
- Monitor distribution mapping system activities to ensure GIS maps are accurate and updated regularly. Include updates from closed projects and maintenance inspections.
- Understand and operate Outage Management System (OMS). Dispatch crews as needed. Use OMS data to prepare periodic reports that gauge system reliability performance using PSC prescribed key performance indicators.
- Monitor the SCADA system. Understand how to operate the SCADA system and be available to conduct switching when necessary.
- Assist in annual division budget preparation process as needed. Includes preparing preliminary estimates of proposed construction and maintenance projects.
- Develop, publish, and revise procedures, construction standards, and material specifications as needed.
- Ensure engineering designs meet PSC mandated storm hardening requirements and NESC standards. Includes enhanced focus on service reliability and public safety.
- Ability to manage projects from initial conception, through design engineering, contract negotiations, bid evaluations, construction oversight, commissioning, and final closeout.Requires……a total commitment to Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Mission, Vision and Values and:
- Minimum four year Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Engineering (BSEE) from an accredited College or University.
- Employee must have ability to perform technical and complex engineering functions, effective written and oral communication skills, and teamwork skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Understand and operate the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) System.
- Understand and operate Outage Management System (OMS). Dispatch crews as needed.
- Must have a working knowledge or capable of developing a working knowledge of personal computers and computer software such as MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Must exhibit a high degree of accuracy while performing duties.
- Must have the willingness and ability to handle certain tasks in a confidential manner.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- Rotate on a regular basis as "On Call" supervisor for after-hours work
Four year bachelors degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Civil engineering field from an ABET accredited or equivalent college or university or equivalent utility specific experience.
Minimum of five progressive technical years of Transmission and or Distribution experience preferred.