Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Education Faculty (Non-Nursing Courses)
at Chamberlain University
- Job ID
- Chamberlain College of Nursing
- Employment Type
- Temporary Part-Time
- FLSA Status
- U.S. - Exempt
Opportunity at a Glance
We currently invite interested candidates to submit their resume for future course consideration.
The typical course of instruction to include:
Math-062 and Math-114 Algebra for College Students:
This course focuses on topics such as basic treatment of algebraic expressions, solving linear equations and inequalities, graphing linear equations and inequalities, polynomial operations, positive and negative integral exponents, factoring, systems of linear equations, radical and rational expressions, quadratic equations and various application problems.
ENGL-117 English Composition and ENGL-147 Advanced English Composition:
This course builds on the conventions and techniques of composition through critical reading requirements and longer, more sophisticated reports, including a library research paper. Assignments require revising and editing for an intended audience. Students are also taught search methods for accessing a variety of print and electronic resources.
The face-to-face interaction in lab and classroom is blended with technology (such as online lab, quizes, tests and reading assignments) for an enhanced learning environment. Commitment is on a course by course basis.
If you are passionate about helping others learn and advancing your career through the power of education, we want to talk with you today.
In this role, you will:
- Become part of a dynamic team of educational professionals, teaching Nursing Students in a dynamic classroom/online hybrid setting
- Implement and embrace Chamberlain College’s Care philosophy, curriculum and course objectives by engaging students
- Establish an environment conducive to student engagement by effectively planning and preparing for classes, responding quickly to student requests for assistance and ensuring that students enjoy a powerful learning experience
- Identify opportunities to enhance student engagement through collaboration with colleagues who provide academic and professional guidance
- Promote student success by demonstrating a flexible style and exhibit a passion for teaching by devoting time and energy to develop scholarly excellence
- Engage with a diverse student body comprised of a variety of ages, cultural backgrounds, ethnicities and academic preparation
- Foster a positive learning environment by keeping accurate records, submitting grades on time, and enforcing academic and attendance policies
- Participate in curriculum development discussions, support campus events including orientation and graduation, open houses
- Enhance the learning environment by engaging in research, scholarship, service and academic advising
You are encouraged to explore this opportunity if you:
- Earned a master's or doctorate degree with a minimum of 18 or more graduate credit hours earned in the course subject
- Have at least 15 credit hours teaching experience at the university level
- Possess genuine passion for nursing, education, and lifelong learning
- Have exceptional subject matter expertise as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Are eager to serve students and colleagues with passion, respect and care
- Operate with a sense of responsibility and purpose with the desire to enrich colleagues, students and the broader community
- Have a strong work ethic, learn from mistakes, build positive spirit and always look for a better way
- Put the team first, appreciate diverse points of view, assume positive intent, collaborate and communicate openly
- Are able to provide official transcripts for all earned degrees from a regionally accredited institution
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today!
Who We Are
Chamberlain University is a rapidly-expanding university rich with opportunities for growth and offering competitive wages and benefits. If you enjoy being a part of an exciting team and working in a collaborative, dynamic environment, then Chamberlain University might be right for you.
Through Chamberlain Care®, we believe in taking care of those who take care of others. We offer a wide range of benefits that are intended to meet the diverse needs of our colleagues. Whether it's advancing your career, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefit offerings can help you reach your goals.
As an educational organization, we also support and encourage colleagues to further their educations by offering tuition assistance and seminars through our Leadership Development Center.
If you are ready to join an institution like ours, we welcome you to apply.