Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Dean of Faculty - Nursing
at Chamberlain University
- Job ID
- Chamberlain College of Nursing
- Employment Type
- Regular Full-Time
- FLSA Status
- U.S. - Exempt
Opportunity at a Glance
The Associate Dean of Faculty - Nursing, directs and provides leadership for all campus level faculty to ensure curricula are current and consistently delivered in an environment and manner that achieves superior student outcomes.
- Participates in the recruitment of and selects, onboards, evaluates and supervises qualified faculty for the nursing program.
- Serves as a role model and mentors faculty and students in areas of academic excellence, customer service, collaboration, communication and professionalism.
- Serves on the undergraduate curriculum committee to ensure continuity of program outcomes.
- Solicits recommendations from faculty for academic budget.
- Assists faculty and clinical coordination office for clinical placement of nursing students to meet program objectives.
- Ensures regular meetings of the faculty to facilitate communication and faculty participation in planning, implementing and evaluating the curriculum.
- Administers the implementation and assessment of nursing program curricula on the campus and assigning faculty workloads.
- Communicates with academic committees to ensure that appropriate goals and projects are implemented.
- Monitors student success including student retention, graduation rates, NCLEX pass rates as well as student satisfaction and works with collaboratively with the Center for Academic Success to ensure superior student outcomes.
- Will be responsible to teach up to three courses per year.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Critical features of this job are described under Essential Duties and Responsibilities. They may be, however, subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Masters degree in nursing required, Doctorate degree in nursing or credit towards doctorate degree preferred.
- Unencumbered Professional nursing licensure required.
- Minimum two years’ experience in nursing education at the Bachelor level or above required.
- Previous leadership experience required.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels: student, faculty and staff. Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to lead, direct and advise faculty.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Who We Are
Chamberlain University’s mission is to educate, empower and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities and nations. Chamberlain University is an accredited institution comprised of the College of Nursing, which offers a three-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program and flexible post-licensure programs such as the RN to BSN option, Master of Science in Nursing degree program, Doctor of Nursing Practice degree program and graduate certificates, and the College of Health Professions, which offers a Master in Public Health degree program. For the most updated accreditation information, visit chamberlain.edu/accreditation.
Chamberlain University continues to raise the standard of nursing and healthcare education as well as advance healthcare outcomes in communities across the country and around the world. Chamberlain University is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a global education provider headquartered in the United States