Carrington Mortgage Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Center Underwriter, I
at Carrington Mortgage Services
- Job ID
- Position Category
- Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC
- Position Type
Carrington Mortgage Services is a fully integrated mortgage company with mortgage lending and servicing operations and an affiliated real estate brokerage. We are part of Carrington Holding Company, LLC , which owns and operates multiple businesses that cover virtually every aspect of single family residential real estate transactions.
What We Offer:
• FUN atmosphere!
• Comprehensive healthcare plans for you and your family.
• Access to discounts through our employee portal.
• Customized training programs to help you advance your career .
• Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket!).
• Educational Reimbursement.
Come join our team in Jacksonville!
The Retail Center Underwriter I will underwrite loans in accordance with Company and Investor guidelines following company’s policies and procedures under general supervision. Makes sound underwriting decisions and ensures that all decisions meet legal and policy requirements. Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a thorough analysis to ensure the quality of each loan and to determine compliance with Company and Investor guidelines.
- Applies and interprets company underwriting guidelines and makes sound credit decision.
- Completes credit, analysis of income, analysis of property, ensures proper audits are completed and verifies consistency of loan file information.
- Reviews and evaluates credit information on mortgage loan documents to determine acceptability for specific loan programs.
- Determines any conditions, stipulations or pre-funding requirements.
- Reviews any conditions, stipulations or pre-funding requirements received.
- Communicates with Loan Officer, Operations Manager, and Production Manager as required to resolve outstanding issues.
- Assists departmental support staff when necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A thorough knowledge of mortgage loan underwriting.
- Ability to maintain and secure highly confidential information concerning loan [applicants]
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on several tasks simultaneously
- Strong customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of how to use office machines such as computer, copiers, fax machines and the telephone
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle detailed assignments
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Six months to two years of mortgage underwriting work experience.
- FHA Direct Endorsement designation preferred.
- Experience working in a paperless environment preferred.