Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Bridgestone Corporation
- Employee Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Degree Preferred
- High School
- Requisition ID
- Zip Code
- Functional Area
At Firestone Building Products, Nobody Covers You Better. You can count on us for complete building performance solutions – from roots to rooftops. By taking the entire building envelope into consideration, we provide focused solutions for roofing systems, wall systems, landscape and lining projects based on the specific results you need to achieve. We not only deliver exceptionally performing building materials, but also outstanding services, support, warranty and expertise; all backed by a brand you can trust.
Backed by the strength of a diversified multibillion-dollar corporation, we offer excellent career opportunities, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit packages. And, with locations throughout North America, we are always looking for qualified candidates.
Requires knowledge and experience in all aspects of the Mechanical field including but not limited to: Electric, Pneumatic, Hydraulic, PLC’s, Encoders, Chiller, Welding, Cutting, Power Transmission including belts, shafts, chains, gears, and gearboxes.
The Maintenance Tech position will be responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing production and plant equipment.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair electrical controls, circuits, mechanical and pneumatic components and systems.
- Knowledge of AC and DC circuits and functional understanding of 3 phase motor control circuits.
- Troubleshooting of PLCs, remote sensor interfaces, HMI, VFDs and other automated controls.
- Able to follow work orders and directions and work unsupervised most of the time.
- Experience with fork lift, boom lift and scissor lift operation.
- Familiar with Microsoft office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Accurately fills out all required paperwork.
- Ability to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime and shift flexibility.
- Operates equipment and works safely, follows all GMP guidelines and keeps work area clean.
- Participates in meetings and trains others
- Can operate simple shop equipment. (i.e., drills, saws, grinders, and sanders)
- Fills in for other positions as necessary.
- Fully support company safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic Welding
- Run electrical wiring/cabling and bend electrical conduit
- Familiarity with Computer Maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Five or more years experience in an industrial environment as a maintenance employee.
- Certifications in mechanical/industrial fields (electrician, millwright, welding, etc.) preferred.
- Preventive Maintenance experience with industrial equipment.
- Experience with Predictive Technologies such as Vibration Analysis, Thermography, Ultrasound equipment, and Precision Alignment would be a plus.
- Must be able to pass a Mobile Equipment test.
- Must be able to perform work in aerial lifts, scissor lifts, on ladders or other elevated devices.