Bay Equity LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Area Sales Manager
at Bay Equity LLC
Area Sales Manager
Bay Equity is a full-service retail mortgage lending institution headquartered in Sausalito, CA. In 2011 and 2012, San Francisco Business Times named Bay Equity among its "Top 100 Fastest-Growing Private Companies" in the Bay Area.
We are hiring an Area Sales Manager to work for our Jacksonville office.
Summary: The Area Sales Manager (Retail A) is responsible for the support and management of a team of Retail Loan Officers who are selling Bay Equity lending products and services to prospective clients. The Retail Sales Manager is responsible for ensuring the team achieves sales and profit goals and maintains compliance with Federal, State, Investor and Company guidelines and policies. In addition, this position requires the sales manager to be a top producing loan officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This is a producing sales manager position, must be a high level retail loan volume producer
- Support Branch Manager to identify, plan, organize and implement sales programs and strategies to deliver sales objectives for a designated sales/satellite office.
- Evaluate and implement appropriate new sales techniques to increase the team’s sales volume. Coach sales team to optimize production opportunity. Manage sales activity for consistent results within Bay Equity production standards. Review and coach sales activities Clients and with Referral Sources.
- Recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential. Support sales team to ensure optimum client experience resulting in cross-sold relationships and additional referrals
- Identify new business sources within the market. Support team to build strategy for capturing business from potential referral sources. Ensure the Bay Equity Brand is well represented. Participate in business development activities throughout market.
- Recruit retail loan originators for sales team. Identify candidates well suited to represent Bay Equity with potential to grow our market share. Develop and mentor staff to increase productivity. Responsible for on-boarding experience for new hires.
- Work closely with operations team to ensure a high level of customer service. Help execute defined responsibilities between Sales team and Operations team to ensure the best outcome for the client while maximizing sales potential.
- Perform daily support of the loan officers on assigned sales team.
Support the presentation of loan products to customers and make sure loan officers manage their pipeline until loan is funded.
- Ensure loans are offered and sourced according to Bay Equity guidelines for sale in secondary market or for Bay Equity portfolio.
- Ensure each prospective client receives a high level of customer service and follow through.
- Manage staff by providing goals, support, oversight, supervision and training.
- Responsibility for projecting accurate and attainable production and recruiting goals.
- Ability to manage a profitable Profit and Loss statement.
- Must maintain minimum branch sales standards of $5M of monthly production or twenty-five units.
- Must maintain minimum branch profitability standard of fifty basis points.
Direction Received: Regional, Divisional or Executive Retail Management.
Direction Given: Retail loan originators, processors, sales assistance, and other branch staff.
Skills and Experience:
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Strong sales and oral communication skills with interpersonal skills required.
Must be able to manage staff, lead sales office initiatives and work well in a team environment.
Knowledge of mortgage/home equity origination processes
Knowledge of mortgage lending selling techniques and strategies.
Solid working knowledge of retail mortgage loan pricing
Strong selling skills are necessary, with the ability to convert prospects to customers.
Must be a self-starter and self-motivated to meet job expectations and sales goals.
Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
Must be able to make decisive and accurate decisions.
Must have the ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities without sacrificing profitability.
Possess superior customer service skills
Ability to use MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Windows, MS-Outlook and the internet effectively.
Training and Experience:
NMLS licensing preferred
Minimum 2-4 years of experience as a broker or loan officer of conforming, FHA/VA and non-conforming loan products.
Minimum 2 years current experience supporting a branch and loan officers in the mortgage industry.
4-year college degree strongly preferred. Minimum requirement is high school diploma or equivalent GED.
Works in the retail branch
Reports hours worked and paid by the hour versus standard hourly pay structure. May work as little as a few hours per week or on a full-time basis.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k. Compensation based on experience. This is a full-time position.