Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Atkins is one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Jacksonville, FL Construction Management Group as a Senior Inspector.
Under supervision, observes the work of contractors involved in the construction of projects. NOTE: Incumbents do not supervise any contractor activities and are not responsible for job site safety. Responsible for performing assignments in assisting Senior Inspector in the performance of their duties. Receive general supervision from the Senior Inspector who reviews work while in progress.
- Observes and inspects all aspects of roadway construction, milling and resurfacing projects and determines whether construction work is being performed in substantial compliance with contract plans and specifications.
- Applies conventional field observation practices in diversified construction project of medium to large complexity.
- Writes daily inspection reports, performs verification testing, and documents test results and observations.
- Assists in all types of record keeping and field measurements, as needed,
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma (or equivalent) plus ten years related experience OR an Associates Degree in related technical field plus eight years related experience is required.
- Good math, communication, computers, and organizational skills.
- No professional registrations required, but candidate should be actively pursuing certification in the following.
- FDOT Intermediate MOT.
- Nuclear Radiation Safety.
- IMSA Traffic Signal Inspector Level I.
- Florida Stormwater, Erosion, and Sedimentation Control Training and Certification Program for Inspectors and Contractors.
- Experience with FDOT and/or FDOT Projects highly preferred.
- FDOT Related Certifications in the field of Inspection a plus.
- CTQP Concrete Field Inspector Level I.
- CTQP Asphalt Roadway Level I.
- CTQP Earthwork Construction Inspection Level I.
- CTQP Final Estimates Level I.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.