Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at A1 Placement
We are searching for an experienced Network Administrator to take responsibility for all aspects of a Jacksonville-based company’s wired and wireless network system to include designing, planning, configuring, maintaining, and expanding the network. What You’ll Do…
- Establishes the ADC network by evaluating network performance issues (including availability, utilization, throughput and latency); planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and BGP, OSPF, VLAN, QOS, MDNS routing protocols.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Supports Cisco Phone system by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements
- Participates in annual budget process by submitting financial requirements and monitoring expenses.
- Apple & Microsoft Software
- Beer and Distribution Industry
- Cisco Networking Protocols
- Computer Hardware and Software
- Customer Service Principles
- Firewall Technologies and Access Controls
- Microsoft Operating System
- Network Technology
- Project Management Process
- Virtualization Technologies (HyperV & VMware)
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to Continually Improve Technology Skill Set
- Ability to Prioritize End-User Requirements
- Ability to Solve Problems and Develop Potential Solutions
- Ability to Translate Business Needs into Technical Solutions
- Active Listening and Feedback Skills
- Attention Management Skills
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Technical Aptitude/Computer/iPad Skills